There were many items of discussion on the April 14th webinar. They can be found on the FOCA website Covid-19.
Some highlights (which are in constant flux) include:
- Some jurisdictions, including North Kawartha are providing tax relief. See North Kawartha website
- MPAC assessment will not be done in 2020 meaning we will pay taxes on the same valuation as this year
- Electricity pricing: time of use pricing is on hold for now and we pay lowest price all day
- There are fewer hydro employees out on the road and repairs to power lines after storms will take longer
- The province has a blanket fire ban in place
- Marinas and boat launches are not considered essential and are closed at this time
As everyone is aware news changes daily and there are many ways to keep informed.
I will be having a Zoom Executive meeting and we will discuss the 2020 AGM.