Apsley and North Kawartha
Loon Call Lake is in North Kawartha, just outside of Apsley. It is a great little town. Find out all about North Kawartha here. Want to see the Town Council in action, visit the YouTube channel.
Local Amenities and Services
The closest town to Loon Call Lake is Apsley. You will find that Apsley has almost everything you need, including:
- Antique Shops
- Appliance Repair
- Automotive, Repairs, Fuel, Towing
- Artisans and Crafts
- Banking (ATM only)
- Boat and Motor Services
- Building Services
- Camps – Residential and Day
- Child Care
- Cleaning Services
- Community Centre, including public Wi-Fi, fitness and exercise centre, ice skating, etc.
- Community Services
- Construction Contractors
- Cottage Clothing
- Gardening and Property Management
- Gifts and Trinkets
- Groceries, Catering and Food
- Hair Stylists
- Hardware and Building Supplies
- Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical
- Hunting, Fishing, Bait and Tackle
- Laundry (Paudash – not in Apsley)
- LCBO, Wine, Spirits, and Beer
- Apsley Library with Wi-Fi
- Movie Rentals
- Post Office
- Elementary Public School
- Restaurants and Bakeries
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Real Estate
- Septic Pumping
- Signs and Graphics
- Spas and Esthetics
- Veterinary and Animal Services
- Water Systems and Wells
For current details and contact information you can consult the North Kawartha Community Directory published by the North Kawartha Library and available at most Apsley businesses. It is an invaluable resource.
If you can’t find what you are looking for in Apsley, look north in Bancroft or south in Buckhorn, Selwyn and Lakefield or Peterborough.
Events In and Around Apsley
Loon Call Lake:
- Don’t miss the Annual Regatta and Corn Roast.. more here.
Apsley and Surrounding Area Community Events:
- North Kawartha Special Events including Canada Day Parade, Flea Market. Fire Fly Band and much more
- Apsley Autumn Studio Tour – Annual – 3rd Saturday & Sunday in September
Further afield, if you are looking for entertainment within easy driving distance, try:
- Whetung Gallery
- Trent Severn Events
- Canoe Museum
- Curve Lake
- Egan Chutes
- Coe Hill Fair
- Peterborough Locks
- Burleigh Falls Locks
Township of North Kawartha by-law enforcement and compliance, including approvals and compliance, building code, building inspections, property standards, zoning by-laws and zoning maps can be found at northkawartha.ca/en/our-services/by-law-enforcement-and-compliance.aspx.
It is your responsibility to understand and comply with these by-laws.
Everything you need to know about building and building permits in North Kawartha can be found at northkawartha.ca/en/our-services/building-and-property.aspx.